10 Reasons To Race
Are you crazy? Why would you want to do that?
Here are 10 reasons you might want to consider
when the thought to race enters your mind!
- Racing teaches us to challenge ourselves. It teaches us to push beyond where we thought we
could go. It helps us to find out what we are made of.
~ Patti Sue Plumer
- Races today are huge events and people of all ages and sizes participate for the fun of it! Whether it be for the enjoyment of a unique course, the entertainment, the pumped up camaraderie or the fans — racing is a great way to work hard, play hard and party afterwards!
- Racing today is more than just about competition. You can get what you want out of it: enter to help someone close to you across the finish line, enter to spend quality time with friends or family, enter to benefit a charity like Make 10 Wishes Come True, enter to improve your personal best.
- Use racing as a means to help keep you motivated and focused. A race is something to work towards and to help you get out the door and exercising. It is a great mechanism to help you get into the habit to set a goal, create a plan and to execute it!
- Racing is a great way to boost your confidence and self-esteem. You are setting your goals and you are working hard to achieve them. SUCCESS breeds greater success! Get caught in the loop — and watch yourself spin in amazement!
- To make noise — lot’s of it! Hoot ’til you drop! You’ll be invigorated and the lift you’ll feel cheering other participants on will make it all worth it.
- Racing gets you out of your routines. Too often in our training, we run the same course at the same pace at the same time of day. Routine is good but you need variation, and a race every once in awhile is a great way to mix things up.
- Race to cross the finish line. The feeling of I DID IT is bound to help keep the doctor away!
- Race and you’ll boost your PASSION!
- Race and you will inspire others to follow you!
I would LOVE to hear YOUR MARATHON/ULTRA MARATHON stories! Please post your blogs in the comments below.
Did you enjoy this article?
Share the LUV
Get your bundle of supercharged inspiration