People Who Kick Buts: Zig Ziglar
Every sale has 5 obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, not trust.
- Born in Alabama on November 6, 1926.
- On September 15, 1944, he met his wife, Jean, at the YWCA in Jackson, Mississippi, when he was 17 and she was 16; they married in late 1946
- Ziglar later worked as a salesman in a succession of companies. In 1968 he became a vice president and training director for the Automotive Performance company, moving to Dallas, Texas.
- In 1970, Ziglar went into the business of motivational speaking full-time, with an emphasis on Christian values. Until then, he had called himself by his given name, Hilary, but now started using his nickname, Zig, instead.
- As of 2010, Ziglar still travels around taking part in motivational seminars, despite a fall down a flight of stairs in 2007 that left him with short-term memory problems.