People Who Kick Buts: Lindsey Miller
I am a liver.
- Born in 1985
- A Los Angeles woman diagnosed with pancreatic neuroendocrine cancer a year ago — the same cancer as Steve Jobs was diagnosed with.
- SEND LINDSEY SOME WORDS OF APPRECIATION AND ENCOURAGEMENT(Tweet This)
- She became a viral web sensation when she asked the actor — Joseph Gordon-Levitt, age 30, to coffee via You Tube.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s starring role in “50/50” as a guy dealing with cancer won him strong reviews from movie critics.
- Lindsey has had half of her pancreas and liver removed, her spleen and gallbladder removed — all in one year.
- She said she decided to put up the video because it was unlikely she would have the opportunity and courage to ask out Gordon-Levitt in person.
- I am a liver. I’m living and just trying to take each day at a time.
- Take the focus off, you have cancer that sucks and make it more you have cancer that sucks but you are also writing about it and you’re dealing with it really well.
- I have gotten more date requests than I ever thought in my life that I would get.
- “Maybe YouTube can help…OK, I admit: It’s ridiculous. And it feels like i’m making a big leap from being an anonymous cancer ‘liver’ a few months ago to now starring in my own video. But life is short. So, why not?”
- “Maybe you could call it my Make-a-Wish, but let’s not be over dramatic,” she says.