People Who Kick Buts: John Maxwell
Dreams don’t work unless you do.
- Born in 1947 in Garden City.
- An evangelical Christian author, speaker, and pastor who has written more than 60 books, primarily focusing on leadership.
- His books have sold more than nineteen million copies, with some on the New York Times Best Seller List, and translations in over fifty languages.
- Maxwell followed his father into the ministry, completing a Bachelor’s degree at Ohio Christian University in 1969, a Master of Divinity degree at Azusa Pacific University, and a Doctor of Ministry degree at Fuller Theological Seminary.
He currently resides in South Florida with his wife, Margaret.
- For over 30 years, Maxwell has led churches in Indiana, Ohio, California, and Florida. After serving as senior pastor for 14 years, in 1995 he left Skyline Church, near San Diego, to devote himself full-time to speaking and writing.
- On November 16, 2008, he began serving as a guest pastor at the famous Crystal Cathedral in Orange County, California.
Maxwell’s mentor, Robert H. Schuller, has had a variety of noted evangelical pastors preach at his megachurch since his son, Robert A. Schuller, resigned as senior pastor in 2008.
- Every year Maxwell speaks to Fortune 500 companies, international government leaders, and organizations as diverse as the United States Military Academy at West Point and the National Football League. A New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Business Week best-selling author, Maxwell was one of 25 authors and artists named to Amazon.com’s 10th Anniversary Hall of Fame.
Three of his books, The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership, Developing the Leader Within You, and The 21 Indispensable Qualities of a Leader have each sold over a million copies.