Photo courtesy: Antti Miettinen
Jack Canfield with A LUV KiCK
Don’t worry about failures; worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.
- Jack Canfield was born on August 19, 1944.
- He is best known as the co-creator of the Chicken Soup for the Soul book series, which currently has nearly 200 titles and 112 million copies in print in over 40 languages.
- According to USA Today, Chicken Soup for the Soul and several of the series titles by Canfield and his writing partner, Mark Victor Hansen, were among the top 150 best-selling books of the last 15 years.
- In July 2004, Jack Canfield founded the Transformational Leadership Council, a group of thought leaders, speakers, authors, coaches, trainers, researchers, consultants, and other leaders in the fields of personal and professional development.
- The members of TLC meet semi-annually to network, connect, and learn from each other, to enhance members’ effectiveness and contribution in the world. So far, semi-annual meetings have been held in USA, Canada, Bermuda and Mexico.
- Canfield has worked as a teacher, a workshop facilitator, and a psychotherapist.
- In 1962, he graduated from high school at Linsly Military Institute in Wheeling, West Virginia and he received a BA in Chinese History in 1966 from Harvard University and an MEd at University of Massachusetts Amherst in 1973
- In 1978 he was named Outstanding Young Man of America by the U.S. Jaycees
- On September 9, 1978, he married Georgia Lee Noble, with whom he had a son (Christopher N. Canfield). On July 4, 2001, Canfield married Inga Marie Mahoney. In the recently released Long Past Stopping, Canfield’s first son, Oran, from a previous marriage, details a troubled childhood with a distant father, as well as his skepticism of the entire self-help genre in which his father became famous.
- Apart from being an author, Canfield is also a speaker and trainer. He conducts seminars focused on peak performance, such as Break Through to Success. He also trains speakers and trainers about training and teaching the Success Principles through his Train the Trainer program.
About Jack Canfield