People Who Kick Buts: David Goggins
Show no weakness.
- Born in 1975.
- A Navy SEAL who served in Afghanistan and an ultramarathon runner.
- After several of his friends died in Afghanistan, Goggins began long-distance running to raise money.
- In 2005, Goggins entered the 24 hour race in San Diego and was able to run 100 miles in under 19 hours, despite never having run a marathon before.
- Since then, Goggins competed in many different long distance running events such as the Las Vegas Marathon and the Badwater 135 miler, where he placed highly.
- By November, 2008, Goggins had raised $200,000 for the soldiers’ families.
- In 2008 he was named a “Hero of Running” by Runner’s World.